Tips for a Successful Application
1. Start early! It takes time to complete the application and get your letters of recommendation.
2. It is important that you take the time fill in all the areas of the application correctly. Applications that are missing information or are not complete with all attachments will NOT be accepted.
3. Put thought and effort into your answers to the brief essay questions on the application. These questions are designed to help members of the selection committee get to know you.
4. Please take the time to proof read or have someone else proof read your application. The Scholarship Selection Committee often overlooks applications that include bad grammar, misspellings and punctuation mistakes.
5. Take the time to reflect on the Mission and Values of the Seton Healthcare Family and include those thoughts in your essay responses. Take the time to think about why you would make a good nurse and why you want to further your education.
6. When you approach someone to ask them to write you a letter of recommendation, explain what you need, where they can find the form online and the deadline for submission.
7. When asking for a recommendation, try to speak to your references in person and provide the link to the online letter of recommendation form to them immediately. If you have to use email or voicemail to communicate, be sure to include the website link information and give them a specific deadline of when you need the letter.
8. It is also helpful to provide copies of your resume or your work history and accomplishments to those you have asked to write your letters. This will make it easier for them to write a strong recommendation.
9. Follow up with your references by writing a thank you letter or email. Do this immediately after asking them to write a letter for you. In your letter to them, mention some reasons why you need the scholarship and remind them of your accomplishments. This will help them write a stronger recommendation letter.
10. The complete application, including your personal information and letters of recommendation must be submitted online. We are unable to accept any applications or supporting materials in any other format. If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you will be notified that a receipt of registration for the Fall 2018 semester will be required.
Remember: You must submit your application and any supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, by the deadline in order to be considered for the scholarship for which you are applying.